2015 - A visit to a homestay "The Happy 8 @ Pasir Puteh, Ipoh, Perak

The Happy 8 Retreat @ Pasir Puteh on 05th August 2015

My next episode of catching up with my long lost girlfriend, Ms Tan Hoo Eng who owns The Dream Farm in Siputeh, gave me another shocking surprise. She brought me to visit her very first five room homestay project known as “The Happy 8 Retreat” which has been in operation for about two years now. It is located at No 8, Jalan Shah Bandar, Taman Happy, 31650, Ipoh, Perak. Malaysia. Tel: +605-2438388 Email:thehappy8@live.com.my

Ms Tan Hoo Eng told me that The Happy 8’s concept is a combination of the environmentalism and art which is mainly based on timber art design. All the paintings here are hand painted and based on flora and fauna. This little place has a unique attitude and character that speaks for itself. Every single room has its own unique design namely: The Bamboo, The Palm Tree, The Frangipani, The Plum Blossom and The Lotus. I noticed that every single piece of furniture here is very unique. If you are staying here, the room comes with simple breakfast which cook by the staff here. So to all my friends out there, come and spend a day or two just hanging in the room or the living or the garden – definitely is a great way to a retreat.


It is located at No 8, Jalan Shah Bandar, Taman Happy, 31650, Ipoh, Perak. Malaysia. Tel: +605-2438388 Email:thehappy8@live.com.my


The entrance to the building and here there are two chalet rooms, each on the right and left side.


I think this is "The Frangipani" chalet.


Ms Tan Hoo Eng and I standing beside The Plum Blossom chalet. There are a lot of lush greenery around the house.


The side bamboo garden with a walking path towards The Plum Blossom chalet.


The cooling atmosphere and jungle-like reflection on the glass panel.


The common area is spacious with lots of sitting furniture has beautiful wall paintings.




I spent a good time here just admiring at all the beautiful creation and wondering how Ms Tan did all these. All beautifully furnished with lots of stylish wooden furniture. It is very clear that Ms Tan has paid all attention to great details in the inspiring architectural and the wooden furniture.


Ms Tan Hoo Eng with Ms Lai Yee her personal assistant.


The 3D art work on the garden wall.




My favourite would be all the water features between rooms and the hanging out at the secluded garden surrounded by tall bamboos.


 




The unique lightnings at the living area.


At the living area looking out to the bamboo garden.


The unique table at the living area.


 



The air-well between rooms.


The 3D painting on Palm Tree room door.


The Palm Tree room has 2 single + extra bed.


The 3D painting on The Bamboo room door.


The Bamboo room.


The 3D painting on The Lotus room door.


The Lotus room which is the biggest has a suspended single bed + one king bed. So if you are travelling with kids, the better option is probably the Lotus Room.


The Lotus room has an open outdoor shower and a private air-well.


Yours truly the photograph was shot here taking photos of the Lotus bathroom.


At the Lotus Room, children would love most is this big wooden bathtub carved out of a solid tree trunk block in the toilet!

My comments:

The Happy 8 is a terrace corner house converted to a boutique homestay with five room set-up located within a residential area in downtown Ipoh. If you stay here, it would be like experiencing nature in a town with its best boutique style design. I would say it is a 4 of 5 stars homestay in Perak.

It is located very near to the town centre. Most of the popular eateries are near by, making this a good place to stay when in Ipoh. There are a couple of coffee shops within walking distant which serves lunch and dinner.

The common area is homely and relaxing, constructed mostly out of timber and glass and each room is uniquely themed. All rooms are of a decent size, quiet and very clean were beautifully designed with themes to match.

It's a wonderful place for family trip.
///

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11 May, 2018

    Hi there I am so grateful I found your weblog, I reallyy found you by accident,
    while I was searching on Askjeeve for something else, Nonetheless I am
    here now and would just llike to say thanks for
    a tremendous polst and a all rounnd enjoyable blog (I also love the
    theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it
    all at the moment but I have saved itt and also included your
    RSS feeds, so when I havee time I will be back to reead a great deal more, Please
    do keep up the greeat work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much for a couple to stay for 1 nite ? Please let me know..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrew, you may contact Ann Tan for details at +60125188900

      Delete